Friday, January 13, 2017

The Year 2017



Hello 2017. 
I hope your new year is off to a good start :)

Last year, I started practicing 書道 Japanese calligraphy.
So I wrote 四字熟語 Yojijyukugo, a "four kanji character idiom" message, 
with 墨 (ink) and 筆 (brush) in my New Year's card for 2017.
The left one of the above picture is my New Year's card.
笑門来福 "Shou-mon-rai-fuku" means "Your smile calls the fortune."

I also wrote Yojijyukugo 
which describes the state of mind I want to hold onto this year;
it's sort of my new year resolution :)

The upper right of the picture 森羅万象 "Shin-ra-ban-shou" is
 all of creation, all things existing in the universe.
And the lower right 明鏡止水"Mei-kyou-shi-sui" means 
state of clear mind like a mirror without any blemish on it surface, 
and it's also like a calm still water surface that reflects the viewer's mind.
I am a part of the Universe.
This consciousness brings me a serene state of mind with perfect freedom.

I wish you all happiness.
May all your New Year's resolutions come true:)

No comments:

Post a Comment